Oil Leak Detection Cable
- Oil Leak Detection Cable detects the presence of Liquid Hydrocarbon Fuels at any point along its length, yet does not react to the presence of water.
- Installed with a locating module, the cable senses the liquid, triggers an alarm, and pinpoints the location of the leak within one meter.
- P-LFP6000 Oil Leak Detection Cable provides distributed leak detection and location for a wide range of applications.
- The cable is available in a variety of length to provide as much coverage as needed.
- P-LFP6000 sensing cable can be purchased in bulk form, cut to length in the field and joined using connector kits,or it can be obtained in standard lengths with connectors attached in the factory.
- These modular sensing cables may be connected in series to provide distributed monitoring for trenches, subfloors, and double-containment piping,or used individually for double-containment tanks, sumps, and small areas.
- P-LFP6000 zone sensing cable,which comes with a factory-installed, heat-shrink end termination is also available for small area coverage.
- Prosino Group uses radiation-cross linking and conductive-polymer technology to make P-LFP6000 sensing cable mechanically strong and chemically resistant.
- The core of the cable is constructed of two sensing wires, an alarm signal wire, and a continuity wire.
- The core is encased in a conductive-polymer jacket and surrounded with a fluoropolymer braid. This rugged construction allows the cable to perform reliably in the most demanding environments.
|Cable diameter||8 mm (0.32 in) nominal|
|Cable diameter with||13 mm (0.52 in) nominal|
|Cable weight||7.3 kg/100 m nominal (4.81 lb/100 ft nominal)|
|Fluoropolymer braid||Color—red, white and black|
|Operating temperature||–20°C to 60°C (–4°F to 140°F)|
|Pull force limit||Not to exceed 22.7 kg (50 lb)|
|Bend radius||50 mm (2 in) minimum|
|Pressure||Loads greater than 9 kg (20 lb) per linear inch at 20°C (68°F) may immediately trigger|
|Nonresettable||Must be replaced after exposure to hydrocarbon liquids|
|Cable functions normally||Sulfuric acid||(10%)|
|after exposure in||Hydrochloric acid||(10%)|
|accordance with ASTM D||Nitric acid||(10%)|
|543 at 23°C (73°F) for||Sodium hydroxide||(10%)|
|Sensing cable||Less than 10||A leakage when immersed in salt water for 90 days|
|Connector system||Less than 10||A leakage when immersed in water at 10 psig for 24 hours|
|Represented materials||Typical response time at|
- Gasoline 3minutes
- #1 diesel fuel 30 minutes
- #2 diesel fuel 60 minutes
- JP5 jet fuel 30 minutes
- JP8 jet fuel 20 minutes
- Jet-A jet fuel 20 minutes
- Xylene 10 minutes
- Response Time Test Method: “Test Procedures for Third Party Evaluation of Oil Leak Detection Methods; Cable Sensor Liquid Contact Leak Detection Systems.”
- Response times are affected by operating temperature. Consult factory for specific response times at other temperatures and in other liquids.