Oil Leak Detection Cable – Data Sheet Water Leak Detection Systems
Water Leak Detector for Home Installation
- Water leaks are a common plumbing problem in homes and a water leak detector can help you catch a leakage when it first begins, thus preventing costly damage to your home.
- Otherwise, plumbing leaks under sinks, around hot water heaters and in many other areas often go undetected for quite a while and in that time serious water damage can occur.
- In addition to damaging your home,water leaks that go undetected for a while can lead to the growth of toxic mold. Mold often spreads rapidly from one area of the home to other areas and can end up costly thousands of dollars to remove.
- In the meantime, mold puts you at risk for numerous health problems, including respiratory disorders and infections, allergic reactions, migraines, muscle and joint pain, and even digestive problems.
- You can protect your home and your health by installing water sensors in leak-prone areas.
How a Water Leak Alert Controller Works?
- It’s similar to a smoke detector, which has an sensor alarm that goes off if there is smoke in your home.
- Instead of smoke, though, water leak controller detects the presence of water.
- Most models have an audible alarm to alert you to leaks.
- Some models can also be programmed to alert you by text message or email if a leak occurs, which can be especially useful if a leak develops while you’re not at home or away on vacation.
- Some can even be connect to “smart home” systems and automatically shut off the water valve to prevent water damage when a leak is detected. A simple detector with an audible alarm works well enough for many homeowners, though, and is affordable even for those on a budget.
Where Should You Put a Water Leak Detector?
- Normally the water leak detector are always collecting the signal or alarming from the end where the leakage is,thus a extra Water sensing cable will be necessary required by connecting with the leakage detector.
- You can install one water leak detector only and with extend the cable length as required in your house,just install anywhere that water leaks are likely to occur. Common locations include near washing machines,by hot water heaters,by refrigerators with ice and water dispensers, under sinks,near toilets and near humidifiers.
- These are also common areas for household mold.In this way,
- Addressable(Position) leak detection wire will be your best choice.We especially recommend installing water leak detector in areas where you might not notice a leak when it first begins,for instance, if you clean your bathroom regularly, you’ll probably notice a leak behind your toilet.
- If you do laundry frequently, you’ll probably notice a leak near your washing machine before it gets too bad.
- If your hot water heater is in the basement or some other out-of-the-way place,though,you might not realize it’s leaking for some time.
- If you don’t look under your kitchen sink often, you might not notice a leak there until quite a bit of water damage has occurred.
- Protect yourself by installing detectors in these out-of-the-way areas.
- You can install as few or as many detectors as you need in your home,based on your specific needs.
- Many models are quite reasonably priced and they are easy to install, even if you’re not particularly handy.